North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Does anybody

Started by harvester, January 22, 2013, 08:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

Have any goals or techniques this year?

Mine are to work on toning my calling down, I have been trying the subtle stuff the past couple of years and it really seems to be paying off. Especially when they are close on the roost or getting in range of the ole mossberg. :toothy9:

Ricochet

Same here - always seem to be trying to tone it down because I like calling loud too much.   :toothy12:
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...

unclerick

I'd like to do a little more run-n-gun, not really run but ya'll get the picture. Yeah and tone my calling down some, I'm not so much loud but I run a call more then I should I believe.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on January 23, 2013, 09:20:52 PM
I'd like to do a little more run-n-gun, not really run but ya'll get the picture. Yeah and tone my calling down some, I'm not so much loud but I run a call more then I should I believe.

The bird will let you know how much to call but you got to pay attention to HIM. Once you figure that out, it's makes them easier to kill. I'm still working on it. Lol

ElkTurkMan

My goals for this spring is I am going to try and help threee different people get there first bird. and I am trying for my first Osceola.   As far as techniques, I am going to try and be alittle mroe aggressicve.  I think I get a little to passive, and wait them out, when I need to try and make something happen. 

gob09

im just the opisite shane i think i always gotta make something happen and a lot of times if id sit still my hunt wouldve went better
as for my goals im goin to try and sit longer and not be so anxiuos to get to that first gobble or run so hard that im beat by lunch time and pee-d off

Moore

my goal is to  harvest a bird with a  1 1/4 to 1 1/2 spur
[