turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 Gauge killing power ???

Started by Shotgun Dave, January 20, 2013, 07:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand Man

I went to a 20ga and 20ga only last year.  Kills as good as any 12 I've ever carried.  I killed 9 with mine last year.  I'm a believer.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

old frank

Last spring, this turkey did not like the 20ga.

mightyjoeyoung

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

R AJ

David,
The one thing about the 20 is that they are a little more demanding of choke and loads in that they carry a smaller shot charge and the pattern can be tight to a fault almost. The shot column is shorter than a 12 but to be really honest they are the most fun to tote, shoot and enjoy turkey hunting ever. They hit hard and the turkeys respond accordingly.
Shoot and pattern a lot at your distances. 30 yard shots with a 20 pattern a whole lot differently than 40 yard shots believe me.

redleg06

I shoot TSS handloads on my 1187 and may not carry my 12 gauge this season... 

turkey_slayer

Quote from: redleg06 on January 29, 2013, 01:30:35 PM
I shoot TSS handloads on my 1187 and may not carry my 12 gauge this season...

TSS in a 20 will beat just about any 12 ga factory load. Even with the lighter payload I've had some pattern just as good in the 10 as tss out of a 12ga

gobbler336

the last two years i have carried the 20 ga exclusively, shooting tss ofcourse, i haven't missed a beat, the turkeys still die and i don't have the bruises to show for it and that gun is so much nicer to carry than my old 835.  i wish i had started carrying the 20 and knew about tss years ago.

Shotgun Dave

Thanks Fellas . Looks like the TSS is the way to go . Gonna try the case of H13 3 inch 7's till we get going on TSS . Ordered a Shotshell press last night . Will keep you all posted. Good luck to all this Spring . Thanks David
All things work together for good !!!