Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2nd annual team hunt

Started by savduck, January 18, 2013, 10:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Start thinking about our second annual hunt.

I like to hit it early and was thinking the best dates were April 10 th to 14th. This would be a Wednesday to Sunday.  I figured that would be best to allow people to plan. They sell 3 day licenses.

Who's coming this year?

1. Jbrown
3. Lyle+1
4. Savduck
5. Alloutdoors
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

Where? I can't remember.  It will be tough $ wise but ya just never know :)

savduck

Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Del I'll be in GA on opening weekend hunting with Dave Owens. He is on the opposite end of GA or else I would come down and visit a few days. I will be going from there to AL and hunt a few days with a friend and the Holmes boys. Can't wait. Sorry I'll miss this years hunt.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Joe you will have a blast with Dave. He is a turkey killing machine, probably scouting already and has a couple picked out for you. He is about 5 hours away from me. Totally different terrain but beautiful none the less. Good luck, invite always stands.
Georgia Boy

blueribbon

I would like to try to come down to this if it is okay. I always love hunting different territory.

savduck

You bet, your on the team now brother. It will be a blast.
Georgia Boy

blueribbon

If it is alright i might bring my son he has a birthday the 23rd. When he was born everyone told me how I messed up having a kid during the season but now I love it all our trips go down as birthday presents  ;D ;D ;D ;D He will be 14 this year.

savduck

that would be great. Bring him on.
Georgia Boy

alloutdoors

I would really like to make this hunt as well, just not sure yet if I will be able to swing it financially.

Where in GA would we be hunting? 

Is there anyone else from the northeast that might be going? I would consider driving if there was someone else wanting to do that, a couple people splitting gas should be cheaper than flying. What are lodging options like in the area?

Are there any tags needed other than the 3-day big game license or is that it?

savduck

We would be hunting out of Savannah, GA.

Your GA license, motel fees, food, and travel cost to get you here would be all thats needed. We have an airport here if anyone wants to fly.

I think a couple of the guys split some hotel rooms last year. They were like 50 or 60 a night if I remember.
Georgia Boy

alloutdoors

Thanks Del. Good to know there are some affordable rooms in the area, you can't find anything up here for less than $100 or so (unless of course you enjoy bedbugs). I'll have to sit down and work out a budget, but it seems like it should be doable.

jbrown

Del, I'll be there for at least a couple of days

blueribbon

I would split a room with someone if they wanted my boy and I can share a bed or bring a sleeping bag.

savduck

Ive got two XL size cots that we could put in rooms if needed.
Georgia Boy