turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

All Widow Makers

Started by spurman, January 16, 2013, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

GOBBLE-GOBBLE OK Widow Makers we have a full team of turkey killers, we have 6 old members coming back and 6 new members.

We need to elect a capt. and co-capt's, introductions and choose a banner.

Scott said we can use last years banner or the one he did for this year or he will make us another.

Bill
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Boparks

As a former Widowmaker (2 years ago) just wanted to wish this team the best of luck.

Go get em guys!!

Bobby

spurman

Thanks Bobby good luck to you this spring. Hope to see youall at Nashville.
Bill

West Augusta

Bill
I'll be at booth 63 stop by.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chatterbox

Chatterbox checking in!
I like the new banner that Bill has. I elect that we use that one. Also, I cannot take on responsibilities of captain, or co-captain. Harrison is on a travel baseball team this spring, and I won't be around at all on weekends from April till the end of June.
I will as always, do my best this spring to try to help the team.

Onpoint

Well guys I'm new to the team and the forum. I'd like to say thanks to Bill for giving me and my fiancée a chance to be on the team. Well here's a little about myself, my name is Justin, I'm 27 years old. I live in western Kentucky and I am a turkeyholic. This season will make my 20th season chasin longbeards. I hunt Tennessee , Ft. Campbell, and of course our statewide Kentucky season. I look forward to gettin to know all of y'all. Good luck and happy hunting.

Thanks
Justin

SheGotHoOks

Hello everybody... My name is Joni & I'm also new to the team! Justin (19onpoint85) is my fiancé and he has turned me on to turkey hunting.. I absolutely love it! I'm tickled to be a part of the team.. Thanks :)

chatterbox

A big Widowmaker welcome to both Joni and Justin!
Can't wait to see pics of those slain gobble birds! :icon_thumright:

West Augusta

I don't have time to be captain due to other responsibilities.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chatterbox

If Bill will do it, he gets my vote.
Steve, do you have the code for the banner that Bill has?

old frank

Welcome back returning members and welcome to the new half.

I hope we have a good year. We held our own last year and had a respectable finish.

For the new members: I am 66 and live in Georgia where we are blessed with a long spring season. I am retired from Airline Maintenance and stay pretty busy in retirement.

I have lots of hobby's(too many if you ask my wife) besides being an avid Turkey hunter, I hunt deer,hogs, coyotes and just about anything legal, mostly hunting with a handgun anymore if I am using a firearm.
I am a traditional bowhunter and dabble in making my own arrows and such. I also shoot pistols in IDPA shooting at least two matches a month along with a few range trips for practice. Shooting and trying to keep enough ammo loaded to shoot keeps me going steadily.

Anyway Welcome and I am ready for the season. I have a really good place to hunt this year and am looking forward to seeing everyones picture.
I do not have the computer know how to Captain but I will support anyone willing to take it on.

spurman

I want to welcome my old team mates back and all our new Widow Makers. I am looking forward to hearing from old friends and making some new friends. So keep us posted on whats going on.

We still need to hear from the rest of our team. I have heard from some of you but I would lke to hear from everone. We still need everyone's input on the banner and a Capt. and co- Cap. If anyone is interested in the job you need to let us know. If you don't speak up no telling what you are going to get. :camohat:

I think I have missed 1 year being a Widow Maker since the team was formed. I live in west Ky I  am married, retired and enjoying ever minute of it. I started turkey hunting in the mid 70's quit for a while and started again in 88 and haven't missed a spring since. Most of my turkey hunting is done on public land. I love to thump those TennTucky gobblers. State line runs through my favorite places, turkey doesn't know if he is in Tenn. or KY. Really looking forward to this spring hope it isn't a early spring like last year, made for a rough season around here.

Bill

Onpoint

Bill if you are wantin to do it you got my vote for captain.

SheGotHoOks

Yea... Bill, I vote for you to be our captain!!  :)

longbeard95

Hey guys and girls, my name is Tyler and I love to hunt turkeys also. Im 17 years old and live in Shawano Wisconsin where I do the majority of my turkey hunting. Along with turkey hunting I also love to hunt ducks, geese and deer. I can not explain how excited I am for the upcoming turkey season! Im also looking forward to helping out the team this year. I have a couple new places that are full of turkeys so im hoping they stay in the area once season rolls around. So that's a little bit about me and I hope to get to know everyone a little better by the time turkey season rolls around!