News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Some help setting up my Benelli with sights

Started by Siwash, January 15, 2013, 08:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siwash

Hey folks,

I traded a 28" Nova pump for a 24" Nova. The gun I got came with a saddle mount but I am not sure what the make is - maybe B-Square?  Now I have never added any sort of an after-market sight or scope but I want to do so to hunt both turkey and DEER. I hunted the past three seasons with the Benelli stock sight (just a bead).

I would rather not drill and tap (at least not yet). I was hoping to take advantage of the saddle mount. Or, I could forget it and go with some sort of open sight. I have searched this sight and cam across a few options. A scope being one, and the Burris FFII/III or similar reflex sights. I would rather not sped $200+ on a Burris but may think about it if it is highly recommended.  I came across some recommendations for the Simmons Pro Diamond as a cheap, but decent scope. Also, some Bushnells and similar brands.

Keep in mind that I want to use the same set up for turkey and deer so I am not sure if the red dots/reflex sights would be suitable for deer (most of my deer are within 75 yards at the most.. most shots within 50 yards.).

Thanks very much in advance for any tips!   :)

Here are some pics of my setup:

Siwash

whiskey

I love the Burris FastFire for turkey, but I want a scope if I am hunting deer with slugs. I used a scope on a pump gun for years. I had it sighted in for slugs and it was close enough to use with my turkey loads/choke.

The saddle mount should work fine. Install it and make sure it doesn't wiggle any.

I used a Bushnell shotgun scope on mine and never had an issue with it. I had to use Burris scope rings with the plastic inserts due to the angle on mount. I think the rings are called Burris Signature Zee for weaver rails. Well worth the money.

Siwash

Thanks... Is my saddle mount a Weaver? So would any scope fit that rail?

whiskey

Looks like a weaver, but even if its not, it should be a standard weaver sized rail.

Siwash

Quote from: whiskey on January 17, 2013, 06:51:43 PM
Looks like a weaver, but even if its not, it should be a standard weaver sized rail.

Thanks... guy on another site said the Burris wouldn't offer eye relief like a scope such as bushnell banner or trophy...

Big price diff but I want the best option for my needs...