turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BROWNING GOLD HUNTER AND HEVI 13 #7's

Started by GOLD HUNTER, March 03, 2011, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Finally got around to taking the big gun out.  After working my TSS loads for my 1300 and getting that gun dialed in it was time to work on the big gun.  I have never shot the Hevi 13 in 6's or 7's and I got both off of OG last week.  I shot the 7's this week with the Gold Hunter 3 1/2" #7's 2 1/4 oz load.  Guys at 40 yards is this combo performing the way you think it should?  I've been a Nitro fan for many years but couldn't resist the good buy I got on these shells.  

At 30 yards in a 10" circle it was uncountable.  At 40 yards it put an average of 280 pellets in a 10" circle with a .675 IC choke.  I do have a .665 choke but didn't take it with me.  

What do you Hevi 13 shooters think of this combo?

Brian  

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

shootumindaface

Your right in there, a 670 may produce better numbers.. But who cares with what ya got

ILIKEHEVI-13

BowBendr

That's about what i'm averaging too Brian.

At 30 yds. i'm averaging high 480's...almost uncountable...
At 40 yds. i'm averaging high 290's

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Gobble!

Quote from: BowBendr on March 03, 2011, 08:34:10 PM
That's about what i'm averaging too Brian.

At 30 yds. i'm averaging high 480's...almost uncountable...
At 40 yds. i'm averaging high 290's

never counted my 30 yards numbers with this load. I wouldnt of thought there would be that big of a drop. Good info

WIRE PALADIN

Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

REBELYELL

J Gilbert

I think those are great numbers, I'd like to see what the .665 would do too if you think of it next time you go shoot. I think I'm going to pick up a box of 7's for my SX3 since it's my backup and I'm out of XR 6's