turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TruGlo Gobble Stopper

Started by MooseJohnson76, February 07, 2011, 04:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MooseJohnson76

Anybody have any experince with the TruGlo Gobble Stopper? Looking to put a red dot on my 870 super mag before this season. Let me know what you think of this red dot. Also what type of mounts did you use?

devin4484

Great dot scope for the money I love mine.

ElkTurkMan

Put one on my 870 last spring and it has performed well for me.  Very good scope IMO.  The mount I have is one of those saddle mounts.

paladin

I have a red dot on a single shot . I have a holo sight like a fastfire on an 835.
I will replace the red dot. It is not a good sight for a turkey gun. Not enough field of view when bird is in thick stuff.
How much are the red dots? You can get a holo for 80 bucks on ebay.
Sightmark mini.
"have gun-will travel"

eight bore

Got to agree the holo sights are the way to go, tru glo makes holo sights and one is dual color, red and green.
I like the Mueller with the auto brightness option.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

savduck

I have one and it works just fine...even n  heavy cover. It is heavier than a holo sight though.
Georgia Boy

WildSpur

I have one.  I originally put it on my 1300 but soon came off because the green light did not work.  I sent it back and they sent me a new one. 

I put the new one on my new 835.  The green is barely visible in the highest setting but the red is fine.

Both were mounted on weaver bases.

I ended up taking the scope off because I cannot trust it.  I really like the reticle, it is perfect for turkey hunting.  The field of view is limited like others said.  For me it appears cheaply built (I know--the $)/fragile and I cannot take that risk.

Cluck more, yelp less

archery1

I put one on my mossberg 835 last year. both the green an red dots  have adjustments and it works great. i bought the rail on ebay for about 12 bucks shipped to me.  ( pictinney ) it has held up to 60 some shots so far. i read about some people having problems with them but that is like any red dot scope. i like the feature of the circle around dot to give you an idea on how far bird is.
hope this help and good luck hunting.
Take a kid hunting

chatterbox

They are junk. I would go mueller quick shot if you want to save money. You can but the all black for 95.00 shipped from optics planet.
If you still want a tube style, just get a bushnell trophy red dot. Much more rugged, and they also can be bought from optics planet for around 72.00
Just my experience. I haven't shot my gun with the mueller yet, but enough guys on here had good experiences with them that I gave it a try. I really like the look of it alot. Should be getting out in a couple of weeks to do some testing.

hookedspur

I dont like them, to much to go wrong, batt ,the sun to bright on a shot ,I went with low power scope .2x7 leupold.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

albanyco

I had the 2x red dot from them and I found it to be a piece of junk. The mounting screws and clamp are fragile and I was not confident it would hold up to 3 inch turkey loads. I was not impressed by optical quality either. I think your money would be better spent on a bushnell as others have said. Just my opinion.  :smiley-char092: