OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris spead bead on SP-10

Started by zero, January 10, 2013, 08:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zero

Can a Burris speed bead be mounted on an SP-10? I'm new to all this, I was thinking about buying a 12ga 3.5 Shurshot, but I love overkill.

Other than the weight, I think a thumbhole grip SP-10 with a speed bead would be great. Any thoughts?

Old Gobbler

The 1187 stocks that are placed on the sp10's have to be altered to make them fit , altered quite a bit , so much I think a 1187speedbead is impractical , more like impossible  --

I would try the  FF2-3 instead
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

zero

I probably wouldn't be using an 1187 stock, I would try to aquire the last model SP-10 made that had the factory thumbhole stock. I thought maybe with a slight mod the Speed bead could be mounted similar to the 1187.

Sorry, but what is a FF2-3?

Old Gobbler

:fud:
Quote from: zero on January 11, 2013, 07:54:08 PM
I probably wouldn't be using an 1187 stock, I would try to aquire the last model SP-10 made that had the factory thumbhole stock. I thought maybe with a slight mod the Speed bead could be mounted similar to the 1187.

Sorry, but what is a FF2-3?
Fast Fire 2 or a Fast Fire 3

I have a FF2 monuted on top of a scope , but you can mount a Fast Fire on top of a saddle mount , picatinny/weaver rail or similar mount

On my Sp10 that is a see-thru Aimtech saddle mount that allows you to aim down the rib 

When I get some time I will take some pictures of 11-87 and sp10 stocks on the adapter end for you to look and compare - they are slightly different - I will take measurements with a dial caliper  -Shannon

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

After closer examination I can say that there is too much of a difference to make a stock 1187 pattern speed bead fit on a sp10

Almost a 1/4 inch difference

-Shannon

zero

Thanks for comparing them for me. You're right, I'll have to go with a top mounted FF2-3