OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi affinity

Started by turkey_slayer, January 10, 2013, 12:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

Anybody handled one? Looks a lot like the m2 to me even the same weight is about the same

RoyalKnight

weight is about the same. I have handled one only difference is the recoil spring instead of in the stock like the m2 its under the forearm. I am looking at one very hard.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

honker22

I bought one in Sept and plan on killing birds with it this spring. I've only taken it dove hunting once but it is a dream to shoot.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: honker22 on January 13, 2013, 04:25:31 PM
I bought one in Sept and plan on killing birds with it this spring. I've only taken it dove hunting once but it is a dream to shoot.

Does it have the high rib like the benelli? I cant tell by the pics

honker22

Quote from: turkey_slayer on January 14, 2013, 08:25:35 PM
Quote from: honker22 on January 13, 2013, 04:25:31 PM

Does it have the high rib like the benelli? I cant tell by the pics

Does this help?

Sand Man

are the barrels chromed lined like on the Benelli's?  If so, they'll be shooters!

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

turkey_slayer

turkey_slayer

honker22

Yes. When I bought it, they said the only difference between the Affinity and an M2 is the forearm cap and no comfortech stock... Im sure there is something else im missing.  Side by side, and shouldering them I couldn't tell. I opted for the $400 less version.  I will be hand loading TSS 7s and 9s for it. I will also run some OTC loads through it.  I haven't bought a turkey choke for it yet. Luckily the TSS usually shoots good in anything. I will let you all know the results. I know TSS is a curse word on this forum so apologies for even bringing it up. However, maybe y'all can use some of the info from my other loads.

Onpoint

Does it break down as easy as the benellis?

turkey_slayer

Honker let me know how the tss does, tho I've never seen it shoot bad no matter the gun or choke. I need another gun like a hole in the head but this one has peaked my interest

WyoHunter

This would be my choice if I was to set up another 20 ga. for turkeys.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

870FaceLift

I bought one of these in synthetic to give it a try.  It seems like a great gun and I can't believe how light this thing is.  Tears down just like my SBEII - very simple to clean.  I just bought a turkey choke for it.  The only that I could find was the Franchi TKY.  I'm going to fire a few loads through this choke and I'll report back.

Honker, have you patterned yours?  What choke/load setup are you going with.
Pass it on...

honker22

870 FL- no I have not done any testing yet. I hope to do some in the next few weeks.  I will report back as soon as I do.