OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scored on some 20ga Pb

Started by dawei, March 03, 2011, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawei

I was at the local Cabelas® earlier today and found Kent® Diamond Shot® 20ga 3" Mag 1300fps 1¼oz #4, 5, & 6 Pb shot for $4.99. With my 5% military discount it was $4.75 per box. I patterned some last year (#5's was all that was available) and was not impressed. Because the shells are so cheap however I picked up a box each in #4 & 6 shot.  When my target/patterning area is no longer snowed in I will pattern these two loads in two 20ga guns and eight chokes..................
• Mossberg® Mdl 500C 20ga pump with........
  ~ .590" OEM Full Accu-Choke®
  ~ .590" Carlsons® Full
  ~ .584" OEM XFull Accu-Choke®
  ~ .570" Hastings® (#I20570)
  ~ .553" Swarm®
• Remington® SPR220 (Baikal® IZH-43) 20ga SxS with............
  ~ .590" OEM Full
  ~ .575" Colonial Arms® Extended Turkey Full (#TSKTF)
  ~ .570" Colonial Arms® Extended Turkey Full (#TSKTX)

The chokes in italics have wad catchers; the others do not.

I'll post results to this thread.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

knightrider

jakesdad

Ive got some of the 6's and they patterned pretty well thru a jellyhead/870 combo.Not the best lead patterns i've ever got,but for sure would hunt with em with no reservations.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

dawei

Quote from: jakesdad on March 03, 2011, 08:30:32 PM
Ive got some of the 6's and they patterned pretty well thru a jellyhead/870 combo.Not the best lead patterns i've ever got,but for sure would hunt with em with no reservations.
That's good to hear jd. (I think my Mossberg® pump is an anomaly in that it patterns #4Pb so well). I'm hoping the snow goes soon.

David

1. Jesus Christ.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

R AJ

My experience with those is that once shot I wished I had spent that money on fewer boxes of better shells. For some reason I think that they did fairly well in the SSX choke. They are suitable for hunting and certainly for magnum squirrel loads no doubt.

Melt snow melt !

dawei

Quote from: RAJ on March 07, 2011, 08:59:09 AM
My experience with those is that once shot I wished I had spent that money on fewer boxes of better shells. For some reason I think that they did fairly well in the SSX choke. They are suitable for hunting and certainly for magnum squirrel loads no doubt.

Melt snow melt !
There is a reason the Winchester® Supreme® 20ga 3" Mag 1200fps 1 5/16oz #4, 5 Pb (STH2034, STH2035) cost $11.99 vs the Kent® Ultimate Diamond Shot® 20ga 3" Mag 1300fps 1¼oz #4, 5, 6Pb (K203TK36-4, K203TK36-5, K203TK36-6) costing only $4.99. The Winchester®s WORK, EVERY TIME!

David

1. Jesus Christ.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given