Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anyone gonna travel?

Started by ghillie, January 08, 2013, 12:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Just curious if you all are gonna travel or junt hunt your home state?  I for one, am going to do both.  Have two trips planned so far.  Gonna go to Colorado and hunt with an old high school buddy that has residency there,  I haven't seen him in 25+ years!  We connected through crackbook...LOL  Also am gonna go to South Dakota with the one and only BIRD...out founder of the VooDoo bretheren.  Can't wait for spring to get here...

spitndrum

I might be easing to west a couple times this year ;) tennessee that is

reynolds243

I usually hunt home state of TN, then go to Bama and KY. May try to do MO this year as well though and fingers crossed to south FL for an Osceola

reynolds243

Yeah I have a friend of the family that owns 2k acres in south FL loaded with birds that I've been working on getting on it for a while. He always says to come on but I'm actually gonna try this year

whiskey

Got Alabama opening weekend locked in. Got Kentucky opening weekend locked in. Will hunt Tennessee between those two. The KY spot is close enough to get in a few hints in during their season. Could hunt south FL if I could get there, but unless it just falls during a work trip, probably won't make it.

TNTOM

I'll be staying close to home and hunting north MS and west TN.  I have one trip planned to Hardy AR the week of 4/22. Has anyone hunted this area of the Ozarks? 

ghillie

Got another trip planned to Minn to kill a srping bird with another VooDoo bretherin Muskie09!  Quite a week last time I was there!!

whiskey

That picture rocks! 3 of my favorite things.

spitndrum

Quote from: reynolds243 on January 09, 2013, 09:13:21 PM
Yeah I have a friend of the family that owns 2k acres in south FL loaded with birds that I've been working on getting on it for a while. He always says to come on but I'm actually gonna try this year

future trip? are you aloud to take your brother? he didnt know you had a brother but you can tell him this year that you just found out that spit was your brother and your new brother loves to bust skulls too. :drool:

Roost 1

Fort Campbell, TN, KY, and maybe Northern MO.
Hopefully between these places I can catch up with at least one old longbeard.

Winchester

Planning to go back to Kansas again this year.
I live for the Rut and Strut!

Steve

I'll be hunting PA, NY and VA...can't wait for the season to open

ghillie

Drew Colorado tags today, super stoked to hunt a mountain white tip!  I guess I better start running hills to get in shape!

whiskey

Alabama whooped us. We had turkeys on the edge of our property, but they were going away each morning and not busted up enough to call a tom away from the flock of hens. Saw 5 good strutters with the group. We got to watch them alot at 150-600 yards, they gobbled good on the limb and a little on the ground, but got quite around 8am. Had a good time, had good weather, spent lots of time in the woods. Might go back after TN and KY openeners.