turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg X Factor Ported Turkey Choke question

Started by tha bugman, January 07, 2013, 01:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Can anyone tell me the constriction of this choke and would it be alright to shoot hevi shot through it safely?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: tha bugman on January 07, 2013, 01:36:09 PM
Can anyone tell me the constriction of this choke and would it be alright to shoot hevi shot through it safely?

It's rated by Mossberg as a "lead only" choke. I believe I still have one and if so, I'll measure it and see what the e.d. is and let you know.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Jourdan_D

I shoot TSS through mine with no problems and TSS is harder than hevi

tha bugman

I found it...written on the choke....695 constriction should I just shoot lead or do you think I could get away with hevi shot?

coyotetrpr

My turkey thug with x factor choke and fcw 5s has brought me back from shooting htl shot. The h13 choke and magblends will put up better numbers on paper, but this combo will do the job in the field just as good for a lot less.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

chatterbox

Quote from: tha bugman on January 08, 2013, 01:19:02 PM
I found it...written on the choke....695 constriction should I just shoot lead or do you think I could get away with hevi shot?
Personally, I wouldn't. If somethind really bad happens, you will have no recourse since those chokes are rated lead only.
JMO.

davisd9

Quote from: chatterbox on January 09, 2013, 05:31:06 AM
Quote from: tha bugman on January 08, 2013, 01:19:02 PM
Personally, I wouldn't. If somethind really bad happens, you will have no recourse since those chokes are rated lead only.
JMO.

:agreed:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

whiskey

I shot Hevi 7's through mine for 2 years before I found out it was supposed to be lead only. Some were marked lead only, but not mine, so I thought I was ok. I am now shooting a Pure Gold.

tha bugman

DId it damage your gun or choke?
Quote from: whiskey on January 11, 2013, 06:25:17 PM
I shot Hevi 7's through mine for 2 years before I found out it was supposed to be lead only. Some were marked lead only, but not mine, so I thought I was ok. I am now shooting a Pure Gold.

whiskey

Bug man, it did not. That said, I wouldn't suggest pushing your luck. It pretty easy to pick up a good used choke on here that would be safer.

Thomas6689

I got a sumtoy for my 835 and it patterns better with the hevi than everything else i have tried