Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional...RESPECT....01.06.13

Started by pappy, January 06, 2013, 07:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Revelation 4:11 "Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created."

As a kid growing up I was taught to respect my elders, answer questions with Yes Sir, No Ma'am, and I passed that same principal to our children and grandchildren. But should we receive respect because of our age? Should we be handed respect on a silver platter because our hair just happens to be the same color as the platter it would be served upon? I really believe that we should respect those who EARN IT....not because of title or stature, not because of power or authority, but because they have proven to be trustworthy and sincere in what they do.
Would I respect God just because He has white hair? Or because He owns all of Heaven and everything that is? That is a question that needs to be answered with a NO.....I respect God because of who He is.....to me and to the world....I respect God because He deserves it, who could be more trustworthy and sincere? Who else could we rely upon when things get so gloomy and desperate, to reach out and take us by the hand and bring us comfort and peace? My father was abusive to us and our mother, he was an alcoholic, his respect came from fear, my Heavenly Father cares for us and provides for us, He protects us and has gifted us with the precious gift of Salvation, through His Son Jesus Christ, His respect is earned......so what is all this about?
The next time you hear someone use God's name in vain, think about what I have written here, remind the person WHO'S NAME it is they are slamming and what He has done for them.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

misfire

Thanks Jack, I firmly believe all of what you posted.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net