OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 20 g set-up?

Started by dogwood, January 06, 2013, 06:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwood

I have a new Rem 20 g 870 that I would like to set up with a FF III this year and I have some questions that may sound a little ..dumb..sorry. First off the gun will need drilled/tapped so I assume I will have to decide which base I am going to use (prob 336) and have it d/td for that base? Next what do I need with the site to mount it to this base? Thanks for any insight...I don't want to screw this up ...lol.

savduck

Ive got my FFII on a weaver converta mount. Its like a B square mount so I didnt have to tap the receiver.
Georgia Boy

gophert

Here is my FFII mounted directly on the receiver of one of my 870 20ga's with a 336 mount.  Maybe this will help you decide if you want to go with a saddle mount or direct mount.  Good Luck!

dogwood

gophert...is the top of your receiver totally rounded or does it have a real narrow flat area on top???

gophert

Quote from: dogwood on January 09, 2013, 08:11:25 PM
gophert...is the top of your receiver totally rounded or does it have a real narrow flat area on top???

Both have a flat area on the top of the receiver.

dogwood

Sand Man

Here's how I mounted my FFII on my 870 20ga:

The only reason I went with the rail and picatinny was I wasn't sure how far forward or back I'd want the sight on the gun, so the rail gave me the option of moving it to where it felt most comfortable to me.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!