OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FFIII and 336 base

Started by chatterbox, January 06, 2013, 07:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Hey guys!

I need some advice. I recently purchased the 336 base for my FFIII, and after installing the sight, I noticed an ever so slight gap towards the front where it looked like the 2 screws holding the sight down "pushed" the front up. Now, I tourqued the screws down to 15 lbs per square inch.
My question is, should I leave it alone, or back off the mounting screws till the whole sight seats evenly.
I worry about backing off too much, and having the screws back out during sighting in.
Will it still maintain zero like this, or do I need the sight evenly flush all the way around?

Thanks,

Mike

REBELYELL

Can't say for sure without seeing it, but sounds like the problem I had last year with that set up. The screws that hold the sight to the base might be too long. Burris sent me some shorter screws and it fixed the problem. Got a picture of it? I might be off track.

chatterbox

I ended up moving the base and sight to the 2 distal holes, and the sight sits flush, so I'm guessing it has something to do with my gun.
It doesn't affect how I shoulder her, or how I use the sight. It's just a little further from my eye.
Thanks for the advice though! :icon_thumright: