OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FastFire III ''Gaskets ?''Please Help

Started by btmonnat, January 05, 2013, 02:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btmonnat

I talked to a customer service rep at Burris Optics and I told him I was mounting my new FF III W/the picatinny mount and I stripped the 2 holes in the base out by tightening the screws to tight. I ask him how tight those screws had to be and before I even asked to purchase a new base from him he told me he would send me a new base with screws a gaskets.''THAT IS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE''. I do have a question for you FF III owners. My FF III did not come with any gaskets at all when I received it. HE gave me one hard thick rubber gasket and one thin soft rubber gasket. The gasket goes between the picatinny mount and the FF III. Anybody use these? Thanks to all that can shed some light on this.

BurrisOptics

I'm glad they took care of you!  Those guys (and gal) are the best!

If you are running the FF3 you don't need the gaskets at all that's why they didn't come with it.  That unit is completely sealed between the sight and the mount.  The older FF2 is not and is why they need the gasket.  They probably sent you the gaskets not realizing you had a FF3.  You can discard the gaskets. 

btmonnat

I thought the FF III was sealed so I did not use the gaskets. Really like this FF III so far. Lots of good features. Thanks