OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is Federal Heavyweight Production Over?

Started by agturkey, January 01, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Is Federal really done with production of heavyweight?  Rumor on street is what is on hand will be loaded and the production is over after that.  My source is a gun store owner who informed me because I was going order case the other day if price was right.  Sure hope this is not true!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

savduck

Georgia Boy

Devastator

Quote from: savduck on January 02, 2013, 07:22:32 PM
Hope not. thats the first Ive heard to.
same here,what?they going back to copper plated.lol,i doubt it.theres nothing on there web site.

FullChoke

I sent a quick email off to Federal to get their response to this rumor. Their answer follows:

"As of 2013 we are still loading heavyweight shot in some of our turkey loads.  As for the future I could not tell you what will happen down the road as that information is not available.

Thanks
Federal Ammunition"

Decidedly non-conclusive.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

mossyoakpro

Quote from: FullChoke on January 03, 2013, 05:57:25 PM
I sent a quick email off to Federal to get their response to this rumor. Their answer follows:

"As of 2013 we are still loading heavyweight shot in some of our turkey loads.  As for the future I could not tell you what will happen down the road as that information is not available.

Thanks
Federal Ammunition"

Decidedly non-conclusive.

FC

Great....just when you think you have something to work with.  I take that as a discontinued product after 2013  :'(
Phillippians 4:13

agturkey

:TrainWreck1:
My friend told me be smart to stock up.  I trust him he has never told me wrong before on his product knowledge!  He thinks its a hit or miss thing but said there is a chance of it being a no go.

savduck

I found some today and bought 15 boxes just in case.
Georgia Boy

Devastator

Quote from: savduck on January 03, 2013, 08:39:19 PM
I found some today and bought 15 boxes just in case.
i thought about it too.then i said they will prob come out with tss :'(

savduck

im not taking chances. Just got a jump start on spring is how i look at it.
Georgia Boy

wvnut3

My contact at Atk/federal says they will continue making turkey loads in heavyweighyt. But will be discontinuing waterfowl loads. Lee

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: wvnut3 on January 08, 2013, 12:00:17 PM
My contact at Atk/federal says they will continue making turkey loads in heavyweighyt. But will be discontinuing waterfowl loads. Lee

Yup.  This and the Federal Premium Ultra-Shok line of steel waterfowl loads are being discontinued for some stupid reason...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

GSLAM95

For curiosity I just checked ableammos pricing....Single box at 17.98.....10 or more 17.08
If I purchased 10 boxes it would have been 18.82 a box after shipping was figured in...
Glad I am already stocked up...
I know one thing...shooting them with a bow is getting cheaper everyday! ;D

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.