OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Patterns

Started by hawk, March 03, 2011, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk

After much reading on here it appears that the 835's and 870's "gen." thro higher numbers than Novas.Is it because there are more of them?........ or do the tighter bores of the Novas make it more difficult or impossible to get the numbers of the others?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: hawk on March 03, 2011, 01:18:42 PM
After much reading on here it appears that the 835's and 870's "gen." thro higher numbers than Novas.Is it because there are more of them?........ or do the tighter bores of the Novas make it more difficult or impossible to get the numbers of the others?

I've seen some great patterns with Novas as well as SBEs and SBEIIs. The tighter bores are a factor but properly choked and with the proper shells, they do just fine.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mmusso

I still haven't gotten a pattern with my Nova (has a 26" barrel) that I'm thrilled about (highest I ever got was mid 170s with HS Undertaker .675 and 3.5" MagBlends), especially while my 20ga 870 is throwing up mid 160s. I did just get some H13 3.5" #7s so I'm hoping to change that this weekend. Not that I don't think that will work, but I know this gun is capable of much more. Just have to find what it likes...

drum817

I took a bit for me to figure out the right combo for my Supernova....I wouldn't trade it for anything now  :you_rock:

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SKFOOTER

Quote from: mmusso on March 03, 2011, 01:43:10 PM
I still haven't gotten a pattern with my Nova (has a 26" barrel) that I'm thrilled about (highest I ever got was mid 170s with HS Undertaker .675 and 3.5" MagBlends), especially while my 20ga 870 is throwing up mid 160s. I did just get some H13 3.5" #7s so I'm hoping to change that this weekend. Not that I don't think that will work, but I know this gun is capable of much more. Just have to find what it likes...
Get yourself a JellyHead or Kick's in the .655 to .660 range to shoot those Hevi #7's thru.  You'll be glad you did!! :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

That will work Drum
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WyoHunter

Great pattern Drum! I'd be more than satisfied with that combo.  :happy0064:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!