News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are we All so Different? 12/30/12 Devotional

Started by pappy, December 29, 2012, 11:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

It's a simple truth.
People are different. Throughout history, these differences have been a source of community strength and personal identity. They have also been the basis for discrimination and oppression.
But how does God see us? By color.....by size or shape....by social status?
I Samuel 16:7 "...The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." God is not a respecter of person, He does not see a man's skin color, He does not see a man's social status, He doesn't care about his wealth or fame, what God sees is the heart of a man. But as human beings we look for the difference in each of us....why?
Call it what you will ... but I have began to see people differently....in the sense that I try hard to look through the eyes of God or as God would want me to look. I see the need not the color, I see the hurt not the status, I see the beauty not the size or shape....I believe this is what God wants. I know I can't hide anything from God, so why would I want to try to fool him into thinking that I do not see people because of their differences? I simple don't try.
Look at yourself in the mirror, tell me you are perfect.............tell me you truly see others as you see yourself. Our conception of God shapes the relationship we have with him. The same goes for how we see others and how we relate to others. We need to focus on the heart of the matter, because it is after all the heart that matters. Bottom line here: stop looking at the world like ( a god ) and look at it like God would. 
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

snoodlum

BOFF

Wonderful Devotional and challange Jack!!

Thank you!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net