Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 12/28/2012 "The Days After"

Started by BOFF, December 27, 2012, 09:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well I'm out of town and trying to use my daughter's new Kindle to do the devotional. It will be short.

Just thinking about the days after the birth of Jesus. In reading John, we find the following verses:

John 1:9-12 (NIV84)

9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-

In reading the above, we see everyday how society rejects the son of God.
A sad thing, as here in the US we are free to worship God. I wonder if salvation was not free, or difficult to obtain, if society would seek it more?

How is it, something so good, and so easy to get, so easy to find, is so lost in our society?

Father God, forgive me of not seeking your face on a daily basis. Thank you for the salvation we have in Your son Jesus. Help us to realize how Blessed we are to live in the US. May we honor You and make You the 1st priority in our lives, through the recognition of Your Holy name, Jesus Christ.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

Please forgive me of the typos.

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Thank you so much, David.  What more could God do than offer free salvation through His Son?  The natural man, who by nature, doesn't understand the things of the Spirit, is always looking within himself for something to contribute to his salvation.  The Lord must be in tears every time the Gospel is spoken and people reject it.

Turkey Beard

I appreciate this devotion. What spoke to me more than your words, though, is your actions. I had a long day today, left the house at 6:30 a.m. and drove 688 miles (took a deceased lady from Buffalo, MO to Muscatine, IA for services up there) round trip and got home about 7:00 p.m. I almost didn't read the devotion today because, "I was too tired." Reading the effort that you went through to post it really spoke to me. Thank you.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

BOFF

Quote from: Turkey Beard on December 28, 2012, 09:12:14 PM
I appreciate this devotion. What spoke to me more than your words, though, is your actions. I had a long day today, left the house at 6:30 a.m. and drove 688 miles (took a deceased lady from Buffalo, MO to Muscatine, IA for services up there) round trip and got home about 7:00 p.m. I almost didn't read the devotion today because, "I was too tired." Reading the effort that you went through to post it really spoke to me. Thank you.

Thank you Dale,

I know salvation is free, but at times, I feel I needed to DO more for the Lord, in showing His fruits.

Thank you as well Turkey Beard.

God Bless,
David B.