Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 12/14/2012 "Gotcha"

Started by BOFF, December 13, 2012, 10:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Reading last week and a verse jumped out at me, and it has still been in my mind.

In reading Luke 4, we read of the devil and his attempts to tempt Jesus while Jesus is in the wilderness. We learn of the parallel of Jesus and the Israelites and of Jesus and Adam(mankind).  Jesus, as a man, passed the tempting of the devil where the Israelites, and Adam did not, in order to take our sins, and their sins upon Himself. Though this in itself was amazing,  I was rather socked at the last verse 13:

Luke 4:13 (NKJV)
13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.

Wow!! - "until an opportune time." The very devil who saw with his own eyes the awesomeness of Jesus, was still planning, scheming, and relentless in his pursuit of Jesus, despite his defeat in his attempts earlier.

So, I was thinking, if the devil is persistent in staying await to go after Jesus, he will surely be going after us, who are made in God's own image.

Are you on your guard? Are you steadfast in prayer, and reading of God's word to be able to BE on guard? 

Heavenly Father,

We thank You for Your protection, and loving arms to surround us in mighty ways. May we stay focused on Your will, and be on guard, to keep from being tempted into sin. Help us to make, and have the time, to study Your Word, and talk to You on a daily basis.

Thank you for this Christmas season, and the birth of Your son Jesus.

For it is, in Jesus' name, we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The devil always tries to get a foot in the door! Thanks for the reminder David.

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net