OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what shot and choke for Vinci 12 ga. 26"

Started by coop39, March 03, 2011, 10:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coop39

I need to know where to start. I have always used lead shot with my m2, nova, and cordoba. I just need suggestions from Vinci users so I don't have to start blindly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

LX_Trkyhntr

I would call Rob Roberts Custom Gun works.  He does a lot of work for Benelli, so I am sure he could recomend a choke constriction as well as a load that has worked well for them.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

allaboutshooting

Quote from: coop39 on March 03, 2011, 10:06:18 AM

I need to know where to start. I have always used lead shot with my m2, nova, and cordoba. I just need suggestions from Vinci users so I don't have to start blindly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have a Vinci and published an article, "Benelli Vinci - A 30 Day Evaluation" last year. I shot a variety of chokes and shells, including turkey loads and turkey shells through it during that first 30 days of my evaluation.

Last Fall I carried it to the turkey woods for the fall season and found it to be a very pleasant gun to carry and shoot.

I found the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of both #6 and #7 shot to work very well and produce patterns that would cleanly kill a turkey at ranges of 40 yards, when I did my part.

The Vinci shares the same bore dimensions as the SBE, SBEII, Nova, etc. and I found that chokes (with the proper internal geometry) with exit diameters from .643 - .655 range all gave me good patterns. Each designer has his own ideas of what works best of course and everyone has a favorite or one that just works best for him.

I found that the Vinci, like most guns, benefits greatly from the "deep cleaning" process and I'd recommend, whatever choke of shell you choose, that you give that a try. It's just amazing how much "gunk" can come out of even a new barrel.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

panhandlehunter

I have a vinci and have been wanting to ask this as well.  Cant wait to see some input on shell and choke combos.