OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What choke and shot for vinci 12 ga. 26" barrel

Started by coop39, March 03, 2011, 09:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coop39

I need to know where to start. I have always used lead shot with my m2, nova, and cordoba. I just need suggestions from Vinci users so I don't have to start blindly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: coop39 on March 03, 2011, 09:53:45 AM
I need to know where to start. I have always used lead shot with my m2, nova, and cordoba. I just need suggestions from Vinci users so I don't have to start blindly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I thought I'd responded but I must have pushed the wrong button. I own a Vicni but it has a 28" barrel. I  normally don't see much difference however in 26" and 28" barrel performance.

I'd recommend the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot, if your hunting area allows the #7s.

I've been shooting mine for several months now with a variety of shells, that have included clays loads, waterfowl loads and of course turkey loads. It's a great performer with all of them.

I also used it for my fall turkey gun last year.

Chokes, everyone has a favorite or one that has worked well for them. Since the Vinci shares the same barrel inside diameter as the SBE, SBEII & Nova, about .724 in most, I get my best results with tighter chokes, if they have the proper internal geometry.

I've shot chokes as tight as .640 and as open as .670 with good results.

Whatever you choose, I'd recommend that you "deep clean" the barrel first. That will help no matter what choke or shell you choose.

Best of luck this spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."