OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 ShurShot Stock in APG??

Started by HoggleGobble, March 03, 2011, 09:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

I currently have a Max Gobbler 870 in APG, and I am looking to put a ShurShot stock on it. Problem is, I can't seem to find a ShurShot stock in just APG. Does anybody know where I can find one? Looking to take the Knoxx stock off and put the ShurShot on. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Reloader

Call Remington direct and see if they will sell you one.  My 1187 has the sure shot in APG.  Be sure you tell them you don't want the rubber inlays as I believe some of their APG stocks have them in the grip area. Mine doesn't have them as it's an older model.

Mag10

Reloader, why don't you like the rubber inlays?  I have them on mine and I love them,  no slip and I was able to shoot a bird last year that went down in a stream and came up 40 yds to my left,  I had to swing slowly to the left and shoot with one hand.  The grip held with one hand.

Reloader

Quote from: Mag10 on March 03, 2011, 11:53:04 AM
Reloader, why don't you like the rubber inlays?  I have them on mine and I love them,  no slip and I was able to shoot a bird last year that went down in a stream and came up 40 yds to my left,  I had to swing slowly to the left and shoot with one hand.  The grip held with one hand.

If he doesn't have the rubber in the forearm, it would look funny to have it on the butt stock.  I assumed his gun was all APG already and he wanted to swap just the butt stock to an APG sure shot.  If he went with the set, it would look fine.

I have the rubber inlays on one stock and they work well for their purpose.

Have a good one,

Reloader

ncturkey

If you want just the rear stock BPS has 11-87 rear stock and forearm. The rear stock for 11-87 and the 870 shotguns are the same. I bought the Mossy Oak Obession rear stock and forearm for a 870 and just used the rear stock. If you already have the Shurshot forearm this could be an option for you. Here is the link http://www.basspro.com/Remington-ShurShot-Camo-Shotgun-Stocks/product/10207626/-1626664 TheREALTREE APG 11-87 stock and foreman are at the bottom of the page. Good Luck, Mike