OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Had to change it up...

Started by ghillie, December 03, 2012, 10:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Been trying to hunt my local marsh but man is it ever low.  I tried to hunt it last week with the boat and the hard blind on it and couldn't get to where I wanted to be...er...where the duck were.  So I pulled the hard blind off and put on the pop up.  Pulled every thing out that wasn't required by law.  Pulled the weighted deks and grabbed 2 doz full body field deks, couple spinners and set out this AM.  Fortunately I was able to get to where I needed to be and started to set up.  I look up and there is a guy walking towards me pulling a canoe with a dog in it.  We greet and start to talk.  We decide to join forces instead of competing.  I'm usually pretty leary about such things for safty reasons.  I kinda like to know somebody before barrels start swinging ya know?  Had a good feeling about him I guess.  Turns out he is a Fire Captian with the Cedar Rapids Fire Dept.  Started off kinda slow but when the wind picked up we thanked the duck God.  Spinners were not what they liked this AM, pulled them and the action began!!  Pretty good day on the marsh.  Was outta there by 11:30 to go scout fields for geese...

Enjoy...

as you can see in the back ground...we were being glassed!!

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Georgia Boy