turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DIY Camo Dip Kit

Started by gophert, March 03, 2011, 08:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Was curious if anyone had tried this yet or am I going to be the guinea pig? 

My daughter is using a borrowed (family member) Rem 870 Youth 20 ga and I bought her a new one this week that I plan on giving to her in July (birthday)  She wants it camo'd like dads (of course) so I thought the dip kit might be a good idea.  I've researched all about them and what it takes to do a whole gun, but would sure like some first hand experience knowledge.

http://www.camodipkit.com/

Ctomp1974

I've been thinking about this myself. Looks easy enough, but i worry that I'll spend $100 and botch it up when $200 will get it done by a professional and be guaranteed.

:anim_25:
Clint

Reloader

I would pay a pro to do it for an additional 60-80 bucks depending who you use.  There is a place here that does shotguns for about 180 the last time I checked.  I've seen places as low as 160 on the net.

If you really want to go for it, check out the archery talk forum.  Several guys over there have used the dip kits.  I don't think you'll get the durability of a pro job.

bowhunter84

Quote from: Reloader on March 03, 2011, 10:04:05 AM
I would pay a pro to do it for an additional 60-80 bucks depending who you use.  There is a place here that does shotguns for about 180 the last time I checked.  I've seen places as low as 160 on the net.

If you really want to go for it, check out the archery talk forum.  Several guys over there have used the dip kits.  I don't think you'll get the durability of a pro job.
:agreed:

southernfly

tarjac.com runs specials every month that are 30% off. This month you can get Mossy Oak Break up or desert digital for 30% off  normal of  $175. They do good work. contact susan@tarjac.com