Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The best protection ~ Devotion ~ 11/28/12

Started by lightsoutcalls, November 28, 2012, 09:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Have you ever come to one of those places in life where you questioned if a decision you made for God in years past was for real?  You recognize that you are pretty much a worm as things of a spiritual nature go?  You think back to that time where you made a commitment to God, you know it was real, you can remember details of things going on that prompted your decision... yet you are so far from that place that you wonder if you could possibly be used by God... now... after all of the stupid things you have done since then...  Sounding familiar to anyone?  If so, this one is for you (and me). 

The Blessing of Protection
By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Another one of the many blessings the Apostle Peter tells us about is the blessing of God's protection and security. In 1 Peter 1:5, he says, "who through faith are shielded by God's power." The word shielded here means kept safe, carefully monitored and carefully watched by God. It is a word that is often used in the military context.

There are two errors that Christians fall into and if they fall into one, they fall into the other. If I think that I am saved by my decision for Christ, then it is natural for me to believe that my eternity is dependent on my performance for Christ throughout my life. If I am the one who gets myself to Christ, then it is natural for me to think throughout my Christian life that I am the one who has to hang on to Christ, that I am the one who has to keep myself in Christ! The two errors go together.

But, if the Father is the one who chose me and the Spirit called me and Jesus redeemed me, then I am His responsibility. If He knew me before the creation of the earth and He called me to that eternal inheritance, then He is the one who will carry me all the way to glory!

It is out of shear gratitude to God that I live my life obedience to God. The eternal security of the believer is designed by God, it is executed by God and it is guaranteed by God.

Prayer: God, thank You for the eternal security that I have in You. Thank You that I don't have to worry about losing my salvation because You have promised to carry me all the way to glory. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen" (2 Timothy 4:18).
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

snoodlum

Duke0002

Thank you, Wendell.  Such a great truth.  May we all keep it in our hearts and minds.

BOFF

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)