OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fflll on sx3

Started by wingbonehntr, November 14, 2012, 09:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingbonehntr

Thinking of putting a fflll on my sx3. What would be the best mount to use. Gun is already tapped. Thanks.

btmonnat

I put a weaver cross slot base on my new winchester SXP. It took the same base as the win. model 1300. I am trying to find out if the FastFire III with Picatinny Mount – 3 MOA Dot will mount to that. No one so far has give me an answer. Let me know how you make out and I will do the same.

Ocoee Ridge Runner

A Burris Speedbead may be your best option. Winchester told me not to drill and tap the receiver because it is alloy and the bolt will loosen and possibly strip out the holes with heavy turkey loads.

btmonnat

My New Super X pump has a steel bar on the receiver that is tapped for a scope base. The screws go through the aluminum receiver and are threaded into the steel bar. I do think if they make the speed bead for my gun that is the best route to take.

jasperjet

on my sx2 I have a saddle mount that is held in place by replacing the receiver pins with thru bolts works great have an aiimpoint h1 in it.

wingbonehntr

I received my fflll with picatiny mount. Was wondering if there is a low profile base for my sx3. Thanks

btmonnat

i just went to install my FF III with the picatiny mount on my weaver style base and discovered the screw on the picatiny base is a little bigger than the slot on the base. I had to file the slot on my weaver base to get it to set flat. It looks like it will work fine but know I have another problem. Just be careful not to tighten the FF III with the 2 screws on to the base to much because the picatiny mount is aluminum and the screws strip easy. Know I have to order a new picatiny mount. My mistake. Hope this helps.

wingbonehntr

Will the burris 336 mount for the fflll fit on the sx3.
Thanks Brent