Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional, Looking Ahead Seeking God's Face...11/12/12

Started by pappy, November 10, 2012, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Jeremiah 29: 11-13....For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end (HOPE). Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
I don't know how many people has come up to me after the election and declared that all is lost for America...."we're all gonna be Muslims"...."our economy is gonna crumble for sure now.." It seems like every one has lost HOPE...like the wind has been taken out of their sails and they're just drifting along in a sea of despair...When I hear this I think of the despair those of Jerusalem met under the rule of Nebuchadnezzar...and in the midst of all this the Lord sent word through Jeremiah that his thoughts were with them, "thoughts of peace" in a time of hardship.....all He was looking for was a people of prayer...imagine the relief of all these self appointed burdens we could drop at the altar...justified are the prayers of those who are seeking out God's peace, for it is the remnant that will get on their knees for the many, who will light the way for a better and brighter America...
I have a new desktop screen ... it is a red backdrop with a golden crown centered towards the top, and in huge capital words it says..... NO MATTER WHO IS PRESIDENT JESUS IS STILL KING
And unlike Ol' Nebuchadnezzar or any President or any other person or persons who would like to see the citizens of this Nation huddled in the corners of their homes in darkness and despair, Jesus is a King who cares for His people, who Hears their cries for peace and hope is not lost on an election, it is only lost when we bow our heads in defeat instead of bowing on our knees in prayer..and quit seeking out God ....... so, let us gather together on our knees, with all our hearts and echo praises throughout the land for the Lord's gracious care and a sure and bright future.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

BOFF

AMEN Jack!!!

Jesus, our Savior has already won the battle!!!

Thanks for the accountability and the reminder of our responsibilities.

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Great message Jack. I hear a lot of that myself. I know it is only on bender knee that this country can regain what it once was.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net