Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 11/02/2012 "The Ever Changing Economy."

Started by BOFF, November 02, 2012, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well, it seems things have been in a mess for a while with the economy. A lot of people have been holding funds back, waiting on the upcoming elections. Even still, with a possible new president, the economy is not going to be fixed any time soon. Fortunately, we serve a God who is always consistent, who always keeps His promises, and is faithful to His children. He never changes, like our economy.

Proverbs 3:9-10 (NIV)

9 Honor the Lord with your wealth,
    with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
    and your vats will brim over with new wine.

Have you honored the Lord with your wealth? Has He been the first to receive from the wealth you have accumulated, no matter how small or how large?  "But I only have a little!!  Why should I honor the Lord?"

Why would the Lord give one more, if the one who has a little, refuses to do as instructed?

Test the Lord it reads:

Malachi 3:10 (NIV)

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

However, in doing so, one must have faith, and a giving heart:

2 Corinthians 9:7 (NIV1984)

7 Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Which leads to one of the greatest riches of all:

Psalm 84:11(NIV)

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
    the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
    from those whose walk is blameless.

To be simple, one who gives back to the Lord financially, but not of his heart, still will be lost in debt. Everyone has a debt that needs repayment, as everyone has sins. Jesus, God's son, has paid our dept on the cross through His death. To receive forgiveness of these sins, one must ask the Lord for His free salvation through His son Jesus.

If there are any questions on how this is done, please contact me, or any of the others who post in the devotional section here.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the many blessing we have, financially, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Thank you for the eternal salvation we have in Your son Jesus. May our giving back to You, be cheerfully done. May we be open to Your Holy Spirit, and the guidance we have through it, on a daily basis. Help those who may not know You, be open to Your love, grace, and mercy. May we be Your servants, with openness to those who need Your love, and salvation.

For it is in Jesus name we ask, and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

snoodlum

slamman

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net