turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anybody own a 16 gage

Started by kevsterjr88, March 02, 2011, 08:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevsterjr88

I got this 16 gage passed down to me its for duck hunting shes a pump and like 60 years old but i need to get ahold of some shells for it that arnt 110 bucks i looked and thats all i found
Outdoors and Jesus

pullit

First gun I ever owned. Got it for Christmas when I was about 11-12. Winchester single shot, still have it.

lmbhngr

Odessa

In the past two weeks I have been checking on the price of 16 gauge shells (I own three 16 gauge shotguns).  WalMart varies from $5.97 to $6.47 for the Remington Game Load 1 oz. of #7-1/2 or #8 shot).  Bass Pro in Charlotte was right at $6.00 per box for Winchester Super-X 1 oz. of #6 or #8.  I bought fours boxes of Estate 1 oz. #8 Heavy Game Load to try in my Model 12, local gunshop price was $6.59 per box.  You can find a decent price on 16 gauge shells with a little looking around (guess that is somewhat dependent on where you live).
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

surehuntsalot

I was looking at  2-3/4" 1oz #6 and 7.5 's today for 6.99 a box
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

870BkWht

I'd give Remington express 1 1/4oz loads a try.  #4 and #6 shoot really good in mine.   Also federal makes good 16guage loads as well.

TScottW99

I agree with the Remington Express 1 1/4 ounce loads.  I shoot the #6 in mine.  Believe it cost me around $12 for 25 at wally world. 

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer