OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Disapointed pattern

Started by BigHooks, March 02, 2011, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHooks

I thought I would get a better pattern than this. Thouse of you than know my rig knows it will do better than than that. It allways averages from 320-- 351 couldn't believe 258 need to really deep clean it.

Gobble!

I have the same setup and got 324. Try a deep clean and if that does not improve try polishing your barrel.
I wouldnt expect 350 though. Leave that to the mossburgs.

Ctomp1974

Make sure that your Indian Creek is clean. The wad catchers gather plastic crud quick. 

Clint

OLE RASPY

yeah i dont think that pattern will kill a turkey. :lol:

sugarray

How can you be disappointed in 258?  That is a great pattern.  It is not where you are used to shooting, but it is great NTL.  How is the Mueller?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Very few guns that I know of will consistently avg 300 shot in a 10" regardless if your shooting 3.5" or 3" Hevi-13 loads.  Now in certain temp and certain lots, that may be obtainable but still highly unlikely if you were to just keep firing round after round.  Too many varibables is what I found.  There is nothing wrong with that pattern.  Some will be better for sure.  But repeatable 300 shot in a 10" would be a miracle in my opinion.   

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's providing if guys aren't counting a lot of the snowman pellets as 2 shot.  My 835 shoots great patterns, but it will not consistently shoot 300 shot in a 10" at 40yds day in and day out.  That is consistency.  

BigHooks

Hey Ray how ya doing, I love the mueller sight. Yes the pattern is good an tight but you know I but better numbers up than that......

surehuntsalot

I just don't think 258 will take a turkey down :o
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gobble!

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 02, 2011, 09:39:22 PM
I just don't think 258 will take a turkey down :o

yes we all know it will but if your gun is capable of better numbers with the combo your using then why not go for it?

hookedspur

Quote from: sugarray on March 02, 2011, 08:53:29 PM
How can you be disappointed in 258?  That is a great pattern.  It is not where you are used to shooting, but it is great NTL.  How is the Mueller?
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

woodchip

shootumindaface

Threads like this make me miss 3-4 years ago

R AJ

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 03, 2011, 01:01:57 AM

It looks like the other 42 or more shot have  started going into the same hole as other shot so that the shooter feels bad and wonders why all of a sudden his pattern has waned somewhat.  :o ::)

S.C.C

Quote from: RAJ on March 03, 2011, 05:50:38 AM
Quote from: shootumindaface on March 03, 2011, 01:01:57 AM

It looks like the other 42 or more shot have  started going into the same hole as other shot so that the shooter feels bad and wonders why all of a sudden his pattern has waned somewhat.  :o ::)

:z-winnersmiley:  :lol: