turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's the scoop?

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, September 23, 2012, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

What's the scoop on fed heavy 7's? I have been reading about them sounds like they are the closest it gets to TSS. Think I want to try the what type choke and constriction do y'all reccomend for a nef 10? What type results have you had with them? Thanks!

Old Gobbler

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,25225.0.html

I got the same results with the same choke,  and they blow right through 5/8 hardwood ply similar to hs #4ans 5's

The choke isnt rated for that shell,  others that are industry choke manufacturing authorities inform me its safe

I have had no issue or seen any problems ,use at own judgement or risk if any
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Houndstooth Game Calls

Should have just messages you Shannon I forgot you were going to test them. I will try the 690 kicks bet its easier on the pocket than a rhino also! Thats a tuff pattern for sure!!

Old Gobbler

25$ a box and hits like a freight train

-Shannon

Rockhound

Yep thats my pattern its sweet for sure, and shannon kicks says it is safe to shoot the shell email boswell. Federal had a list not to long ago with safe chokes and kicks was on it

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Rockhound on October 01, 2012, 02:12:51 PM
Yep thats my pattern its sweet for sure, and shannon kicks says it is safe to shoot the shell email boswell. Federal had a list not to long ago with safe chokes and kicks was on it
good to know that , thats two I owe you now  :icon_thumright:

I have hoard of 10ga ammo and with it I have 10 boxes of the federal #7 1300 fps hw and two kicks chokes,  im stingy with ammo,  so it should last a very long time. - Shannon

-Shannon

Rockhound

Quote from: Old Gobbler on October 01, 2012, 09:24:03 PM

I have hoard of 10ga ammo and with it I have 10 boxes of the federal #7 1300 fps hw and two kicks chokes,  im stingy with ammo,  so it should last a very long time. - Shannon

Just let me come kill a pig :)

jerf

What consriction is the choke, and do the federals have the flight control wad. Looking for something cheaper than the nitros im shooting. thanks

Old Gobbler

Quote from: jerf on October 06, 2012, 06:26:41 PM
What consriction is the choke, and do the federals have the flight control wad. Looking for something cheaper than the nitros im shooting. thanks
just checked...... 690

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Rockhound on October 06, 2012, 07:02:55 AM
Quote from: Old Gobbler on October 01, 2012, 09:24:03 PM

Just let me come kill a pig :)
if you were hunting with me....  you can shoot all the hogs you want, so long as the shot woulnt scare off my turkeys,  ant then you would be the one dragging that heavy beast,  my back cant handle hogs any more lol

-Shannon