OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 with FFIII

Started by chatterbox, September 23, 2012, 11:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Here she is guys, Mossy 835 topped with a FFIII! I love this sight!

Skeeterbait

Just couldn't keep them socks out of the picture huh?  ;D

What did you use for your rail?  Is it Weaver Or Picainny?  Is it a short rail or did you cut a full length rail?

chatterbox

Quote from: Skeeterbait on September 23, 2012, 09:41:17 PM
Just couldn't keep them socks out of the picture huh?  ;D

What did you use for your rail?  Is it Weaver Or Picainny?  Is it a short rail or did you cut a full length rail?
Nope! :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I just cut down a Picitinny rail to the size I figured I needed. I just hated the full length rail with only a tiny sight. I know it's not as clean as a 336 Marlin rail, but this suits my needs quite well.

Skeeterbait

Nothing wrong with that, the Marlin base would have required a gunsmith to drill and tap.  I thought about cutting mine but i went ahead and used full length rails.  My sights are a bit longer but I still have a good bit of rail out front.  I put a rubber rail cover on them to cover the sharp edges and let it go.  Who knows, I may some day use a low offset mount on it to attach a camera off to the side or something.

RangerHD

Quote from: chatterbox on September 23, 2012, 11:17:52 AM

That looks great!  I am a newbie to the site and this is the first I am learning about this optic.  I have the exact same gun with a traditional shotgun scope on it that I would love to replace with something like what you have.  Do you mind sharing the exact components I would need to purchase for my little mule (Mberg 835)?

kylefish

You could also go for the SpeedBead by Burris.  Just mounted one on my rig i'll be using for Turkey, Waterfowl and Clay.

Skeeterbait

Cannot use the Speedbead on a Mossberg due to the location of the tang safety.

kylefish

Didn't realize, sorry bout that.

chatterbox

Quote from: RangerHD on November 08, 2012, 09:41:46 AM
Quote from: chatterbox on September 23, 2012, 11:17:52 AM

That looks great!  I am a newbie to the site and this is the first I am learning about this optic.  I have the exact same gun with a traditional shotgun scope on it that I would love to replace with something like what you have.  Do you mind sharing the exact components I would need to purchase for my little mule (Mberg 835)?
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I would just get a standard Picatinny rail for the Mossberg 835, and cut it so that the base covers the 2 holes closest to your safety. I then repainted the base black, and mounted up my FFIII. It comes with a Weaver/Picatinny mount, so you don't need anythig extra.
I don't think that the height of the rail is an impedance at all. I can still get down low enough on my gun that the slight height of the rail doesn't affect how I shoot.
I highly recommend this little sight. Best investment I have made in a turkey optic, and I love it!

RangerHD

Thanks.  I was wondering how your base looked so much smaller than others I had seen.  You just cut it down to size.  Great!  That is what I am going to do!