OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sunday 9/23/12 Baptism by Water

Started by pappy, September 23, 2012, 10:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I have been asked many times during my Ministry this very question, "If I die before I get baptized am I condemned?"  I have to say, that many new born Christians ponder this, here is what I have replied and hopefully help them to understand the importance of Baptism by Water.

First, know this, that Jesus is the One Who saves (Acts 4:12).
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
  To say that baptism saves is to say that the sufficiency of the price that Jesus paid at Calvary is not enough and we must complete the work of salvation by baptism. I would say that if you are saved you need to be baptized but no one enters heaven apart from placing their trust and faith in Jesus Christ. Which comes first? Salvation and after salvation comes baptism but the thief on the cross had no chance and Jesus said "Today you will be with me in Paradise."

Please know this, your salvation does not depend on your baptism. But let's back up a minute and start with some more basic information. "A man who knows that he is saved by believing in Christ does not, when he is baptized, lift his baptism into a saving ordinance. In fact, he is the very best protester against that mistake, because he holds that he has no right to be baptized until he is saved."  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Are you saved? Have you put your faith and trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross as payment for your sins? Our condemnation has nothing to do with what we will or should do as a Christian. Our condemnation exists because we are sinners in need of a Savior.

Make sure of your salvation first. Then, as an act of obedience to the Savior you should consider baptism. But until you put your faith and trust in Christ as your Savior you could be baptized 50 times and it will do nothing for you.
If you are saved and do not get baptized you are not condemned to hell. As pointed out, the thief on the cross had no opportunity to be baptized but Jesus said that he would be in paradise with Christ that same day.
While baptism is important, there are many other commands of Jesus that we should obey. We are told to love one another. We are told that our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost and that we should be holy. Which is more important, baptism or loving others? Both are acts of obedience. But neither will earn your salvation.
  Being Baptised in water, as an example of obedience is one of the first moves any saved and born again Christian should take in the direction of living the rest of their life for Christ, but again, don't stop there, being obedient in all the aspects of our lives is a must.
  What better way of starting your new life in Christ by taking this first step?  How heart touching an experience, going down the old man and coming up the new, symbolically speaking, as no amount of water can truly wash away any sins, it is the blood of Jesus that washes away sins, but to publically take a stand on one's admission of their Faith and trust in Christ by following His example, of being Baptised, allows us as Believers to shine the light of Christ, ever more brightly, to lead the way..............for those who are in need of Salvation.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

snoodlum

T :cross2:hank you and may God bless you , your family , and your ministry ! Amen

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy !

Teresa & myself were baptized today !

God Bless you my friend !  :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

pappy

Congrats my good friend, following Christ's example and being obedient to God's commands will always keep you headed in the right direction...God's Best to you and Teresa .... Jack
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

ccleroy

Excellent post Jack!! I was got saved on 8-12-12 and baptized 3 Sundays ago on 9-9-12..... I can honestly say I have never been so at peace as I am now, and see things in a whole new light, I knew I was a good guy but soon realized my own accord of myself was not enough to make it to heaven. I had to accept Christ as my Savior, and did and thank my loving wife and family for standing beside me through it all. God Bless

BOFF

Thank you Jack.
Excellent devotional which I can share with a guy I just met. We had this discussion and I want to share your devotional with him.

What wonderful news to read ccleroy!!

Makes my day to read this!!!

vaturkey, what a great blessing to have  your wife and self be baptised at the same day!!!!

What great news!!!!

God Bless,
David B.

Preacher

great post ,   I am so happy for yall,   May the Lord contuie to Bless.
Romans 8:37

drenalinld

Great to hear ccleroy and vaturkey. It's great to see you guys taking that step to make you Faith public.

snoodlum

Hallelujah for His great gift of salvation ! Bring some others with you . There's plenty of room at the Cross !  :cross2: