OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Target Acquired

Started by jblackburn, September 21, 2012, 08:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

I really want to get a better look at this guy come October 1!

How long do you think his G2s and G3s are?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

hookedspur

What-A-Buck Hope you get a chance at him . :drool:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

FANMAN

culpeper

THAT IS more than a dandy, great genetics, a solid 3.5 yr old, remarkable height, a little light on mass, but I could never pass on him--good luck.

jblackburn

Quote from: culpeper on September 28, 2012, 09:46:24 PM
THAT IS more than a dandy, great genetics, a solid 3.5 yr old, remarkable height, a little light on mass, but I could never pass on him--good luck.

Yeah, I really have never seen anything aroung here with any mass to speak of.  My buck from 2 years ago was over 19 inches wide with 11 1/2 inch G2s and scored 140 and some change as an 8 point.  I think this one has taller G2s but I'm not sure.  I'm going to pull cards tomorrow, so I hope I see him again.  Season opens Monday!

I also have pics of a 130ish 8 point I am sure is a 3.5, but I will probably take him with my bow if I get a chance.  This will be my last season here in OK, as I am in grad school at OSU and already apply for jobs in other parts of the country.  I may not be extremely picky!  But, I can take 2 bucks in OK, so I have until January 15 to make it happen!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jblackburn

I got a couple more pictures of him.  This shows the differences in the sides, I can't believe how tall the right side is!  The left looks good, but the right is amazing to me!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

jblackburn

I'm still getting pictures of the big 10 point down here.  I actually saw him during opening weekend of muzzleloader season two weeks ago.  He was about 400 yards away fighting another buck.  It was really cool to watch.

Most of the pictures are at night, but I have one daylight set where he is 20 yards from my bow stand.  It was even a Saturday morning, but I did not fell well so I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep.  I should have toughed it out!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

longbeard11

Yeah hes a stud!! Nows the time to get on him and run an arrow through him!! Good luck!!

turkey slayer

tomstopper

RutnNStrutn

Awesome buck!! So did you get him?

jblackburn

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on January 07, 2013, 12:03:33 PM
Awesome buck!! So did you get him?

No, he beat me up pretty bad this fall.  Saw him a couple times and the pictures do not do him justice.  The G2s are every bit of 14 inches.  I watched him WHIP a 130 class 8 point during muzzle loader season, one of the coolest hunts I ever had. 

I still have until the 15th to make it happen, but I have not seen/gotten a pic of him in about 3 weeks.  :(

www.gooserbatcalls.com

RutnNStrutn

Yeah, this late in the season he's probably already pulled a Houdini and you won't see him until next season. On the bright side, he should be even better this fall. :icon_thumright: Good luck!!