OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FFII on Browning Maxus

Started by specialk, September 17, 2012, 08:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

specialk

What are my options for mounting a Fastfire II on my Browning Maxus? It is tapped but I don't think I can use the Marlin base. I guess getting it retapped would be an option. I'm also consider the Speedbead. Am I missing any other options? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BurrisOptics

The 410685 SpeedBead will fit the 12 Ga version of that gun.  If you want to mount it on the receiver you can always buy a picatinny or weaver rail and buy the FF with the picatinny mount.  That would be the easy way.  You can also redrill and tap for the marlin mount. 

specialk

I already have the FFII with the picatiny mount but if I get it retapped for the marlin base what all will I need?

specialk

Also, would I have to drill 2 new holes in order to fit it for the Marlin base?

BurrisOptics

I don't know what the hole spacing is on the Browning but I'm pretty sure you will need to have at least 1 hole drilled and tapped.  You can probably use one of the existing holes. 

If you already have the FFII then you only need the marlin mount. 

specialk

Thanks for the info. I actually did a little research and the Browning takes a 8x32 and the marlin mount is a 8x40 so it's the right size screw just the wrong thread count. I wonder of I could use an 8x32 on the base with the existing hole and then only have to drill and tap one hole and use the regular screw for the marlin base in the other?

BurrisOptics

I don't know why that wouldn't work.

specialk

is there any advantage in using the 336 mount vs the rail?

specialk

Gut_Pile

The 336 offers a much lower profile and has a much cleaner look. The preferred way to go IMO
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

SumToy

change the screw and tap one hole.  :icon_thumright:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA