turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEF scope mount

Started by olywa, September 09, 2012, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olywa

I just found a sweet little NEF Pardner 20ga youth model. I intend to send the barrel off to Colonial Arms for Remchoke threading and I want to mount a Bushnell TRS-25 on it so I will need to have the barrel top tapped for whichever mount I select.

A quick look on Midway shows that NEF, Weaver, Warne and EGW all make a Weaver/Picatiiny-style rail that will fit this barrel. Any recommendations from someone who's been there? Does Colonial offer this service?

ncturkey

Colonial Arms should be ab;e to give you info. on what they wold be able to do. Call them up. Be sure and post up what you find out. I have the same shotgun too.

olywa

I ended up sending the barrel to Mike Orlen and he lengthened and polished the forcing cone and chamber, as well as threading it for remchoke. He did a great job. I also ordered the Choate Store-Arm forend and standard buttstock for it from Midway.

Still undecided on sights. I've got a snap-on Truglo on the barrel right now, but I read about one guy that had his smith mill the barrel receiver top flat and then put a FFIII on with the Marlin 336 mount. However I don't know of anyone around here that would do that. An XS ghost ring setup would be nice if I could figure out how to get a blade sight up front where the bead is now. I'm not sure if that hole could be tapped out to 6-48. I may just stay with the Truglo and call it good to 30 yards (hopefully).

ncturkey

With a good choke and Hevi 13 #7 ammo your could have a great 40 yard gun.

gobblergls

Quote from: olywa on September 30, 2012, 03:19:19 AM
However I don't know of anyone around here that would do that. An XS ghost ring setup would be nice if I could figure out how to get a blade sight up front where the bead is now. I'm
William at Sumtoy can do that procedure.  He's done it on my single-shot Baikal and for others.  All you would need to do is send the barrel.  Gil

olywa

Thanks for the that tip. I will be looking in to it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2