Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional....Too Many Opinions...Not Enough Basic Truths

Started by pappy, September 09, 2012, 10:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God to salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Ever get in a conversation with someone over their beliefs? Kind of like stepping into quick sand at the beginning of a foot race, you just ain't gonna get anywhere fast... I have a dear friend whom I have known for 30 years, we both have our personal relationship with the Lord, but, when it comes to what we believe there seems to be a line drawn between us. And this line has caused a riff from time to time, in our relationship, but we continue on each going our separate path to what we hope and pray is going to end at the Pearly Gate.
Opinions about what the Word of God says will get you into deep trouble,  interpretation must come through the Holy Spirit, and this is only accomplished through prayer for guidance, I always advise, before you read the Word of God, go into your Spiritual Closet and pray, faithfully seeking help in reading and understanding what you are about to read.
There is great power in the Holy Bible, power to be saved, power to face everyday challenges,power to be healed and the power that will fuel our faith to endure until time as we know it here on this earth will come to an end. BUT.....the purpose of the Gospel is  as evident as the nose on our face,  "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God to salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
Everyone has the opportunity to be saved, and the path to Salvation is found in the Word of God, it is NOT designed by God to further our OPINIONS, it is INSPIRED by God, and given unto men for the purpose of Salvation.....look at Romans 10
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

So the next time you get into a conversation on beliefs.....do as I did the last time my friend and I discussed the Word......I ended up reminding him that the only purpose for the Word is to fuel ones faith, "for by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" for the Jew and Gentile alike.....it all comes down to Salvation....our opinions mean no more the a speck of dust measured against the entire universe.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

snoodlum

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy ! 

As you know I got saved a few weeks ago. Well today Teresa & myself joined the church. We are getting baptized week after next. Thanks for all your encouraging & inspiring words.

God Bless You My Friend  :cross2:

Ricky
Vaturkey

snoodlum

Eric Gregg

VATURKEY i want to say welcome to the family of God and look forward to one day meeting with you in eternity.

I like this devotional, as it reminds us that we cannot form our beliefs that are just convictions that are not grounded or backed by scripture. There are black and white areas in scripturem but there are also some grey that need to be handled by prayer.
When it all comes down to it we must always let the Word of God be the measuring rod for our life, beliefs, convictions, and actions for it is forever settled in the Heaven's.

Thanks for devotional!

turkey slayer

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)