Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Living and Enduring Word of God....8/26/12

Started by pappy, August 26, 2012, 10:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God" (1 Peter 1:23). 
There are many many books out there that are treasured by collectors and readers world wide.....I wonder why are some so valuable? Why would someone pay big bucks for a book? Because they are no longer in print simply put, they are "GONE WITH THE WIND".... and yet when it comes to the Holy Bible...the true living and enduring word of God, very few people realize its worth, I have seen bibles in yard sales, estate sales, auctions and flea markets, sitting on shelves with tags like, Make an Offer, Dirt Cheap or even FREE.....but yet there they sat, dusty tattered and believe it or not, seldom picked up and read!
BUT...............know this....the Bible is the number one selling book in the world! It is printed in just about every language there is.....oddly though it is illegel in 52 countries.....why? Because it has the Living and Enduring Word of God inside, and because it has the power to lead the lost to Salavation, to set the captives free, to heal the wounded and give strength to the weak! The world is afraid of it....Satan wants nothing to do with it....so what is the best way for him to fight it? Have it outlawed, make it look worthless, BUT the Word is ALIVE....life changing, and eternal, no matter what the world thinks, it will be here long after man is gone, and the quality of a Spirit led life is not something one could put a price on. So, the next time you go to a yard sale, auction, fle market or whatever, and see one sitting there with a tag on it, "MAKE AN OFFER" pick it up and show the seller I Peter 1:23 and tell them, you'll be gald to take it and pass it on to someone who needs some life changing Good News....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002

snoodlum

BOFF