turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are You Gonna Gamble? Devotional 8/19/12

Started by pappy, August 19, 2012, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I'm gonna offer you a chance of an eternity.....here's two choices, a quarter or a lottery scratch ticket......heads or tails.....Big H or Little h......50 / 50 chance with the quarter....odds a little higher with the scratch off but, the game of chance and the excitement is GREAT......Heads you get Heaven - Tails you get Hell.......scratch off and reveal a BIG H you get heaven....a LITTLE H you get hell.  Now isn't that smple? Isn't that a lot easier then going to church and hearing some preacher ramble on and on? And think about the time you save.....
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Matt. 16:26
Gambling for your souls future? Do you realize that we are responsible for our souls future? We make the choice to chance it.....or take the right path to glory....trouble is....we seem to have been so used to the EASY QUICK WAY OUT....that we forget what Christ went through so we could walk the paths laid out before us...this is why it is so important to come to God through Christ, the way He designed, no gamble, walking through the door He opened, taking the path He died for.....Enter you in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat.....Matt. 7:13 In all truth, there is no other avenue to Heaven except through Christ, we could flip those quarters a million times, scratch those tickets till they are dust in our hands, unless we travel the path to God and Heaven, through Christ, no gambling, no easy way out, we simply are not going to reach those glorious pearl gates.
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
Let Satan rant and rave, offer his easy way out, he knows he's already lost...he'll do what he can to convince us to take that broad path to hell, he'll offer every trick in the book, but if we stand, if we accept Christ as our Savior and just follow Him along that straight and narrow path, we will someday walk into the portals of Heaven.
Oh, I forgot to ask......got a quarter?
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

snoodlum

Yes indeed . There is a hell to shun and a Heaven to gain . Billy Graham once said ," Today is the day of salvation. To assume that there will be another is taking too great a chance ! I pray that no one reading this forum gambles on their eternity .  Amen

turkey slayer