Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 08/03/2012 "What will you wear today?"

Started by BOFF, August 02, 2012, 11:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

We all have or ups and downs, and have things which are beyond our control. Things can take a turn quickly, for the good, and for the bad. Although some things are out of our control, we still have the ability to choose HOW we respond, to ALL things. Are we going to be negative, and sulk in pity, or, are we going to cling to the promises, our Savior Jesus has given us?

I must admit, I've done both. It is so easy when we are tired, and worn out, to go the negative, self centered route.  However, every time we wake up, there is another day in which the Lord has provided, for us to do His will. Will we wear the garments and attitude of our Savior, or put on the clothing of self, and pity?

Romans 13:14 (NIRV)

14 Instead, put on the Lord Jesus Christ as your clothing. Don't think about how to satisfy what your sinful nature wants.

We are told in the above to imitate Christ. We are to do this in both action, and word!!

A new day is being formed. If you are blessed to wake up to it, what clothing will you wear today despite the things out of our control?

Heavenly Father, thank you for your salvation, love, peace, and guidance through your Holy Spirit in our lives. Forgive me of my negative outlook, and focus on self lately. We ask for your presence to be felt, and your blessings to continue, as we seek your will for our lives. May our words, actions, and the clothing we choose today, all be a reflection of your precious son Jesus.

For it is in his name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

snoodlum

Thank you for words of encouragement. Satan uses circumstances to rob us of our peace and joy . I preach to myself even more than others! David, a man after God's own heart, prayed that God would restore to him the joy of his salvation. I often meditate on Romans 8:18 that says "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us". Let us hold fast to the promises of our God , through His Son ,the soon to appear King of Kings and Lord of Lords !