OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 7/26/2012

Started by Roostem33, July 25, 2012, 11:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. (Titus  2:11-13)

We like the idea of going to heaven, but we are not necessarily in a rush to get there. Regardless of our age, we never know when life will end. And while death is one way we get to heaven, the other way is an event the Bible calls "the blessed hope." This is the rapture of the church, spoken of in Titus 2:13: "Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ."

If we really understand this blessed hope, this biblical teaching about the imminent return of Jesus Christ, then it should affect us in the way that we live. As 1 John 3:2–3 says, "It has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."

So if we really believe this, then it should impact our  way of living each day. And most of all, it should give us hope.

Have a great day,
Jody

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

TnTurk

That is so true, and what peace it gives us that we do have this "blessed hope", that one glorious day we get to meet our savior. Thanks for sharing this with us/me, it really gave me some peace after this stressfull day.
-God Bless, Steve

snoodlum

Yes, what a blessing to be alive at this point in God's timeline! No man can know the day or the hour, but we are commanded to know the season of this glorious event(I Thess 4:15-17). So let us pray for one another, especially for our family members who are in the wilderness. Pray earnestly that the Father will draw them to Jesus as that wonderful day draws near!