News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

$10 a pound TSS???????

Started by Jourdan_D, July 19, 2012, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

OG-

I really enjoyed our conversation on the phone about a week ago. We discovered that we had several common bonds, and I knew you were a passionate guy as we freely discussed our children, their situations, and what we have to do for them everyday to help them grow and become all that they can be.  :icon_thumright:

I considered it a pleasure to directly hear the story of how OG came to be, on the internet.
Although we discussed other stuff like turkey calls, the contest each year, reloading, outfitters......those were just all little side-bar journeys that always came back to what we're all really here for on this site. Turkey hunting, tips, tactics, and friendship. Everything else is just a side-bar of turkey hunting. You are hardcore brother.

I too, will probably be buried in my gear someday, it's that hardcore.
Same as I told you on the phone, I believe the hardcore guys on this site will understand what this is all about, that it's not personal, and you mods do what you have to do, to benefit all of us as turkey hunters while protecting the site.

Glad you made the above post. It will help alot of people see what you meant with a visual, and can only help to solidify the hardcore amongst us. Good job.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

-BB

Old Gobbler

Quote from: rio_wrangler on July 21, 2012, 09:12:53 AM
If you can't have a reloading section, because of legal issues, how do the other forums do it? Shotgunworld, 24hourcampfire, reloadersnest, etc?
I want to refrain from adding anything more from what I have said on the various subjects , for fear of taking the subject down a winding trail , and loose focus on what I am trying to relay to you folks ---- but lets talk a slight bit more on it

again , anyone can sue anyone for anything at anytime - other places , well I dont know how they do it , they are taking a serious risk - I have a file full of legal mumbo jumbo , examples of estates  of victims suing the friend who gave out a round of ammo and the like -- the more and more I looked into the ramifications of the situation , the more I became very concerned - again that's their boat , they can captain it anyway they want - hope they reviewed their home owners policy   :-[

the main difference between some other place , and ME is that I care...I also have a conscience , sometimes in life you see something and you just can walk on by and not do something about it - yeah you know you are going to catch flack about it , but a you go ahead and stand up and do what you feel in the morally right thing to do

Now most of you in life , may have had a situation in life where you had a loss of a friend of family ,or heard of a coworker passing - and you said to yourself in hindsight  , "Man I wish I took those car keys away from her " or " somebody should have done something about the stop sign "  or "I wish I took the time to talk to that kid" , perhaps this could be avoided ---- this is that time guys

I am , and the inbox of PMs from other members that back up my assessment all the way up the beachhead on  current situation , is that ..... a catastrophic failure and possible deadly incident is on its way , the combination of a few things the most troubling , that some very inexperienced people are in over their heads with this handload situation - There are some very experienced people , not talking about those folks , I am talking about people that this is their first time ever loading up a shell and they are receiving supplies and instruction ...over the phone that is , not in person .... You read all my words about just a small sampling of of red flags that were flapping in all their glory in the reloading section - honestly I don't know how someone hasn't been blown up , count my lucky blessings

reloading can go on at OG but with precautions and peoples safety is going to be paramount 

I {Shannon} am not going to be the person that saw something dangerous where someones personal safety or life  was at risk , and I just walked on by cause I wanted to be" cool " thats not me , I'm not that guy

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ILIKEHEVI-13

I for one can fully understand why Shannon has taken this stance.  And he's right about anybody can sue anyone especially when a lawyer is needing some money.  I used to do a lot of reloading, and I fully understand the safety concerns.  You do have to stay on top of it, or your asking for trouble.  It's like gambling on safety.  If you lose, it's just a matter of luck to how bad you get hurt.  Some may not be so lucky and live to tell about it. 

We each have to take care of our own because if we don't then nobody else will.  So I do respect Shannon's decision.  If this was our site, we would more than likely do the same thing just to protect ourself and our family. 

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend