OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Osceolas back from KY taxidermist!

Started by HartClemson99, July 18, 2012, 11:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HartClemson99

After a long wait from a retiring taxidermist that fell on some tough times over the last few years, he finally finished 3 of my birds taken down at Osceola Outdoors (withn Mike Tussey) in FL over the years. I was very pleased with his work and it was worth the wait!
It got me fired up for 2013!

The dead mount was an '07 afternoon bow kill (Bowtech Guardina) with a freak jake fan.  He had an 11" beard and 1'3.8" spurs.  It was on a tv show no longer in business called The Hunter's Journal on the Outdoor Channel.

The half strut was a stud of a bird that came in on an afternoon hunt in '09 and would only get into half strut.  He had just under 1.5" spurs and one had no curve like a dagger.
He was shot at a long distance with my trusty 870 20 ga with a Rhino tube and #7 Hevi Shot.

The standing bird was in '10 and was shot on my first morning in the woods with my Knight TK2000 muzzleloader shooting a mixed load of Hevi-Shot.  He had the longest spurs I had ever killed (i topped him twice in '11) and was a hammer.  He spent nearly two hours making his way out from under his live oak roost tree before he saw my DSD decoys and came in on the bad boy walk.  He was doing the "Rodney Shuffle" behind my breeeding hen when I pulled the trigger at about 10 yards.

The bands on the bird are from the taxidermist.  I plan to gather some habitat from down there the next time I head to FL to finish them up!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

longbeard11

captin_hook

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Gut_Pile

Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

Wingbone

In Hoc Signo Vinces

ncturkey

beagler

Never Misses

Rokhal07

Great mounts. Hope to join the " osceola club" in month

kansas hooks

AUDoubleBeard

Tomspur

The hooks on those birds are to die for. Very nice.

JVA54

alclark2

Very nice! Who is the taxi and what part of KY they from? If I get a big bird in bama I'd consider dropping him off on the way home  ;D
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

strut2