Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Pros/Cons- Williams Fire Sights vs Burris FFII

Started by TheSportsman, March 01, 2011, 06:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

What are the pros and cons of each???  I looked at a Burris FFII last night at our local hunting store.  Man that things tiny.  Im gonna go shoot my 870 thur. and if the poa doesnt match my poi, I am gonna hafta do something.  Ive got my fingers CROSSED ;) that my standard beads are going to be on. Man I hope.... If they are not, Im gonna hafta get something.  It seems everybody likes the Williams Fire Sights over the Truglo( I agree ), but this FFII has me interested... Anybody ever knocked one off? Battery life? Humidity and fogging up?  I do like the fact that if i bird is gettin out of the area, your not "hindered" like you are with a scope.  Ive been sitting there a many a afternoon cold calling, and you look over and there he is, but... he has seen you too....  You gotta make that quick shot.  I think you do it with the FFII.  Then again, do you like the fire sights? no batteies? no problems?  Opinions... 

bawana

I've got the adjustable Fire sites on mine, have had them for about 7 years and couldn't be happier with them.

sugarray

There is no comparison, the FF II.  If you can wait a little, maybe some more info on this sight in the next week to help you make a choice.

Dot, neck, boom, dead.  No aligning necessary.  Battery life is great, if you are concerned just replace each year.  Making a quick shot, even better, you don't have to align your sites first, dot then neck then dead.  If you mount it as far back as you can, then your FOV will virtually be limitless.  Holographic sight all the way.  There is a good review on the Mueller Quick shot.

gobbler74

Both are great sights..I use both on different turkey guns.. about the same weight with the front and back williams sights together compared to the FF2... I dont think you will go wrong with either.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"