Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 07/13/12 "Which Way, Which Way???"

Started by BOFF, July 13, 2012, 01:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Ever have a day when things did not go the way you planned, and then it turned out better than it would have, had it gone your way? Or maybe things went the way you wanted, and turned out badly? We often, being human, tend to want to do things our own way. Being men as well, sometimes pride gets in our way, and we have a difficult time in asking for help, or advice.

As Christian men, we not only need to be imitators of Christ, but also followers. As followers, we should be seeking through God's word, and through His guidance of the Holy Spirit and prayer, His will, for us.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (MSG)

5-6 Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
   he's the one who will keep you on track.

Have you asked God today, what path you should take, which way you should go?

Heavenly Father, forgive me of forging ahead, and making a trail through the forest of life, as it is more so than not, the wrong path for the day. Help us to to study, and understand your Word, and be able to recite it from our hearts, to those who are around us. Thank you for the many Blessings in our lives, particularly our wives, daughters, sons, extended families, church families, and friends. May we be pleasing in your eyes, as a husbands, fathers, sons, son-in-laws, friends, and most of all, Your servants.

Help us to seek Your path, and Your way, for each day. May we do all things for your glory, and not ours.

Thank you for the salvation we have in Your son Jesus. For it is in His name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.   

Roostem33

David, I really needed to hear this today, thanks so much and God bless!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

Thank you David. I am trying hard to allow God to do His will in my life. It seems that all of my decisions have been wrong in the long run when I dont include  God's input
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net