turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

After market sights

Started by doublebarrel, July 02, 2012, 06:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublebarrel

Converting an 870 to a thumbhole stock and a buddy of mine did the same.  Want to put an aftermarket fiber optic on it. was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Turkey Trot

If you go to the turkey gun forum you'll find plenty of questions and opinions on the Tru Glo magnum somethings, Williams Fire Sights, etc. 

I bought some Fire Sights for an 1187 with a vent rib, but they require a dovetail ramp sight, which I have not reconciled with the vent rib in my mind.  I've been meaning to call Williams to discuss it and may return them.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Jacobson

I have three turkey guns set up. They are all with the Truglo Pro Series Gobble Dot. They will cost you between 45 and 50 dollars, but they are the answer. Do not settle for the cheaper ones. If fiber optic is what you want, these are the best I have found for the money. Good Luck

dirt road ninja

captin_hook

allaboutshooting

Quote from: doublebarrel on July 02, 2012, 06:53:16 PM
Converting an 870 to a thumbhole stock and a buddy of mine did the same.  Want to put an aftermarket fiber optic on it. was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Another vote for the Truglo "Magnum Gobble Dot" - Pro-Series.

The model for your Remington 870 is TG944A

They are the best I've found.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

TrophyTracker

All very high quality sights listed. I say look at the Limbsaver Dead Center Adjustable sight system while you are still shopping. The Dual color front bead and Windage adjustable rear are a real sleeper in the turkey sight market. All metal construction, minus the fibers.

New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Devastator

williams universal"slugger" ventilated rib sights are some of the best made sights there are in my opinon.

Devastator

you may want to check out the turkey gun sights and optics section for more opinons.

SumToy

Quote from: timb on July 02, 2012, 09:13:33 PM
williams universal"slugger" ventilated rib sights are some of the best made sights there are in my opinon.

:you_rock: :agreed:  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

stinkpickle

Quote from: timb on July 02, 2012, 09:13:33 PM

+1

mohall64

X2 for the Williams sights!
He will only be bigger next season!!!!