North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 06/29/2012 " Revenge, Payback, and Ruffled Feathers

Started by BOFF, June 28, 2012, 11:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

I'm sure many have heard, or know the "Golden Rule" :

Matthew 7:12 (NIV)

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

But, what if someone doesn't give you any respect, or treats you poorly? What if someone purposefully harms you, and makes it an everyday event? In today's society, selfishness and a self serving nature, seems to be a major role, or expectation. If someone doesn't treat you well, then revenge and payback is often plotted against them.

Despite the nature and intent of those who harm us, in reading Proverbs 25:29, we find the opposite is expected of us.

Proverbs 24:29 (NKJV)

29 Do not say, "I will do to him just as he has done to me;
I will render to the man according to his work."

As Christians, we are to set the standard in love and selflessness.  Have you done so lately, or have your plans been filled with a little revenge and payback?

What if the Lord, gave us what we deserved, rather than setting us free from sin, through the blood of His son Jesus?

Heavenly Father,

Forgive me of my ruffled feathers,  the wasted time in pity, and the wasted efforts in plans of revenge. Help us to hold fast to your perfect love, selflessness, and peace, which transcends all understanding. May our hearts be filled with love, joy, and the understanding of others, and their hurts, pains, and situations. May we treat others in manners to bring  glory and honor to your name. Thank you for your your bountiful blessings, and mercy.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.  

Roostem33

Quote from: BOFF on June 28, 2012, 11:40:57 PM

What if the Lord, gave us what we deserved, rather than setting us free from sin, through the blood of His son Jesus?

Great reminder David, I know there was a time for me when payback was key. I really don't think I ever got any satisfaction from it, all  the plotting for me just kept my mind twisted. Thanks again and God bless!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

Thank you, David.  Great reminder that we can forgive in Christ.   :jesus-cross:

misfire

Great message David. With my current situation, I told my wife what I planned to do when it was over with. She told me I could not do that beacuse, "How can you ask for forgiveness in your life when you dont give it to others?"
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

TnTurk

Quote from: misfire on June 29, 2012, 10:20:27 AM
Great message David. With my current situation, I told my wife what I planned to do when it was over with. She told me I could not do that beacuse, "How can you ask for forgiveness in your life when you dont give it to others?"
I struggle with forgiveness too, and what you wife says is so true. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
                  God Bless, Steve

turkey slayer