OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion, Tuesday, 6-26-12

Started by Duke0002, June 25, 2012, 09:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

I'd like to apologize for not supplying a devotion last Tuesday.  We were on vacation and had difficulty with internet connections.

=========

"I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf" (Rom 15:30).

Our plans fall through all the time.  St. Paul knew this very well.  In Rom. 15:30, he continues to encourage the brethren to pray despite the Lord seemingly not acknowledging His people's prayer.

God knows the plans He has for us.  We simply cannot fall for the temptation to doubt His care and wisdom.

When Paul planned to visit Rome, a string of obstacles developed.  Paul's response?  Pray!  The holy apostle knows that fallen-through plans are opportunities to realign our lives with God's purposes.

Paul takes a moment, steps back, takes stock of the world and the One who made the world.  Through prayer, Paul realizes that life is more than the material things we want to accomplish.

For the sake of preserving you in your salvation through Jesus Christ, God sometimes needs to thwart your plans.  God's plan for your salvation, the salvation of others, by faith alone in Christ alone, is paramount in His mind.  He cannot stand the thought of you not being with Him in heaven and will sometimes cause your earthly desires to fail in order to accomplish this. 

Pray offers you the opportunity to remember that truth.  May He equip you with a heart of prayer for all the plans He has for you!

-Dale

BOFF

Thank you Dale!!

Prayer is a mighty tool, useful in every way!!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Great message Dale. As Christians, we should be praying for each other daily, not just ourselves. I also encourage everyone to pray for this country and those elected to office.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

lightsoutcalls

Good stuff!  Thanks for the word.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

turkey slayer

Roostem33

Thanks Dale, prayer is good in every way!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

gobbler336

through prayer, paul realized that "life is more than the material things we want to accomplish". 

really hit me.  thanks for the devotional.

slamman